• Peter Boon has been a Police Officer with Greater Manchester Police, one of the UK’s largest and busiest police forces for 30 years. During a varied career he has gained a wealth of policing experience in a range of investigative roles.
• In 2003 Peter joined the Investigative Skills Unit of Greater Manchester Police, Crime Training Department where he was responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating interviews skills at all levels in line with the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) National Interview Strategy.
• Between 2003 and 2007 Peter qualified as one of a limited number of ACPO Accredited National Interview Advisers. In addition he also qualified as a Specialist Witness, Specialist Suspect and Vulnerable Witness Accredited Interviewer.
• In 2007 Peter was appointed as the first Greater Manchester Police Dedicated Divisional Interview Advisor at Bolton. He was responsible for advising Senior Investigating Officers on investigative strategies relating to interviewing victims, witnesses and suspects in cases of serious and volume crime. His role also involved quality assuring the standard of witness and suspect interviews conducted by officers at Bolton.
• Between 2009 and 2012 Peter was a member of the Greater Manchester Police Major Incident Team and focused on providing strategic advice to Senior Investigating Officers. In this role, he was responsible for providing strategic and tactical advice in the investigation of homicides, complex and serious crime.
• Since 2011 Peter has provided dedicated investigative interview advice to Senior Officers and investigators responsible for conducting interviews in cases involving safeguarding children, domestic abuse, the management of sex offenders, the investigation of abusive images and sexual crime cases.
• In July 2012 Peter established PBCommit. The company specialises in all aspects of investigative interviewing practice including providing bespoke training and investigative interview consultancy services.
Peter Boon Communication & Investigative Techniques. All Rights Reserved. © 2012
|Qualifications & Experience|